JaxHeritageConsultants, LLC was established in August 2013 to provide custom tours that highlight the rich African American legacy in Jacksonville, Florida. An urban planner by profession for over 25 years, Lisa Ransom has developed a comprehensive excursion that features historical, architectural and cultural evidence of the African presence in Florida from the 1500s through the Civil Rights era.
- Your journey, in a luxury coach bus will include noted people both famous and infamous, locations and fun facts throughout the historic neighborhoods of Oakland, Campbell’s Addition, LaVilla and Durkeeville.
- Each tour includes churches, schools, businesses, parks and a cemetery.
- Also featured are the life and times of Jacksonville’s native son James Weldon Johnson and other notable famous historic figures in literature, music and politics such as Zora Neale Hurston, Ray Charles, and A. Philip Randolph and much more!
- Great opportunity for family and high school reunions, students, senior groups and all Jacksonville visitors as we explore the social, artistic, business, and political past of the African-American experience in Jacksonville.
- Corporate custom tours are available.